The Sefiya Hope Foundation is a duly registered non-profit organization with the sole aim of giving back to society and touching lives positively.
Our objectives are bolstered on the following tenets:
1. Empowerment of women through education, self-help, cooperative, network and to access rights.
2. Stiff opposition and fight social ills like child trafficking and enslavement, rape/domestic violence etc
3. Rehabilitation of victims of child labour/trafficking, domestic violence, rape and empower child rights to education, healthcare and better environment
4. To promote education, awareness, skills and IT through established educational institutions, centers, hostels and vocational trainings.
5. To empower youth and adolescents to provide vocational/skill development trainings for sustainable livelihood and employment.
6. To prevent and control HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, Swine Flu and to establish clinics, rehabilitation centers and homes for affected, infected and orphans.
Human trafficking is the trade of humans (especially women and children), most commonly for the purpose of forced labour, sexual slavery, or commercial sexual exploitation for the trafficker or others. It is further defined as the “recruitment, transportation, transfer, harboring, and/or receipt” of a woman/child for the purpose of slavery, forced labor and exploitation.
Women and children are recruited, moved or transported and then exploited, forced to work or sold for child sexual exploitation, benefit fraud etc. It is a canker worm which has eaten deep into the global society. A menace that has hampered the growth of our communities and brought global furtherance to a standstill thus throwing us into a dark abyss of hopelessness. We are part of the global voice fighting against and for the total eradication of the trade in both women and children globally; a fight that also stretches to domestic abuse and rape eradication.
The foundation is rooted in the belief of the right to education as a weapon against injustice and inequality, and the right to health as a necessity for happiness and productivity.
Reports have it that about 263 million young people are not in school globally and this grossly affects our leaders of tomorrow (children and young people). What is tomorrow then if we cannot guarantee a safe transition that would ensure its certainty. Simply put…’Education is the answer’. Equal access to qualitative education is the right of every child and with a communal effort and support, real change can be made available to children all over the world. A year of basic primary education increases a child’s prospective income by 20%.
The Sefiya Hope Foundation is in the fore-front of ensuring access to quality healthcare to communities and providing basic healthcare facilities. Research has shown that 70% of low income communities cannot provide basic healthcare services. We are extending that ‘hand of hope’ to not only be there but to give posterity reason to become who they are meant to be mentally, physically and psychologically.
A community that is well informed (education) and all round sound (healthcare) is an impenetrable force against societal ills on humanity.
Together we can create a better world where the right to education would be a weapon against injustice and inequality, and the right to health a necessity for happiness and productivity. Equal access and availability of quality education and health serve as strong fortresses for a better future and the foundation for a happy and productive life.
The solution is not far away. Come join us to change the world and make it a better place for the entire human race.